Do you need a Responsible Person (RP) who ensures that your cosmetics products are placed on the market correctly? As a producer or importer you may assign a legal entity within the EU as your RP, by a written authorization.
Let us be your EU RP-Responsible Person!
Our RP service provides the required notification, compliance and regulatory services to place and keep your existing cosmetic products in the 28 European countries. Our European location, as required, holds the Product Information File and Safety Assessment and is the address for product labeling. Respon-sible person can be any legal or natural person who is based within the EU. Cosmetics manufacturers from outside of the EU can’t act as the RP themselves. They have an option to appoint a company to act as RP. The company must accept this role in writing.
WHY CHOOSE A PROFESSIONAL RESPONSIBLE PERSON?
Based on the description of the Responsible person’s duties, you can see that the Responsible person’s job is very significant and requires expertise in various fields.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF HAVING A PROFESSIONAL RESPONSIBLE PERSON?
The Responsible person has to ensure compliance of the cosmetic products with the EU Cosmetics Regulation before they are placed on the EU market, and make sure that the products remain compliant with the Regulation while they are on the market.
THE RESPONSIBLE PERSON THEREFORE HAS TO PROVIDE OR ENSURE THE FOLLOWING:
- Registered address in the EU where the Product Information File is kept readily accessible to the local competent authority in a language easily understood by that competent authority for inspection even 10 years after the last batch of the product has been placed on the market.
- Correct cosmetic product labelling
- Product Information File (PIF) compliance with the Regulation, that the products were produced ac-cording to Good manufacturing practice (GMP), that the safety assessment has been conducted etc.
- CPNP notification of cosmetics products
- Communication of any undesirable or serious undesirable effects to the competent authorities